Some history about our brand:
Fine & Country began as a family owned and run business and although it is now a global brand, the company has retained its family values at the core of its business ethos. Malcolm Lindley began his career in property when he founded The Guild of Property Professionals in London.
The Guild was set up to represent and assist independent agents across the UK with its main responsibility being to provide them with high quality graphic design and marketing collateral purchased on a collective basis to ensure cost savings and consistency.
The Fine & Country brand was born out of a request from the members, for the Guild to create, design and implement for them a premium brand which would assist them to list more upper quartile properties in competition with the established “big name” brands. 15 Years later and we are a multi-award winning luxury estate agency with 300 offices worldwide that is regularly featured on Bloomberg, The Wall Street Journal, New York and London Times.
The Fine & Country brand authenticity was created and crafted around the word “Fine” being representative of prestigious, luxury property whilst the word “Country” relates to people in the UK who, one day would like to own their own Country home. A Country Home in the UK has significant aspirational status since the only type of property considered to be more prestigious is a Castle.
• Five Years, Five Stars, Five Awards: When you join Fine & Country you align yourself with a brand whose status and influence, as a world-class agency is now irrefutable. For an astounding fifth year in a row the brand has blown away its competitors to claim the Best International Real Estate Agency Marketing and also went on to be awarded the Best Real Estate Agency Marketing UK at the international Residential Property Awards.
• With Fine & Country you keep the bulk of your hard earned profits: We understand the value of independence and our straightforward, cost effective business model offers the ideal solution to agencies that want to increase their sphere of influence in attracting top end clients, whilst retaining the bulk of their earnings for themselves.
• Fine & Country can change your image and your bottom line: We will provide you with the tools to assist in listing and selling more properties. The image of a business relates directly to the profit of a business. Presenting properties professionally and connecting your clients to the widest possible market place forms part of your image and the perception you create. Sellers value their properties and it is for this reason that they want to be associated with a credible, prestigious estate agency brand such as Fine & Country.
• The Fine & Country marketing department and tech gurus are hard at work automating your marketing process: Our full suite of award winning marketing collateral is developed and updated regularly, with content input and ideas from our worldwide offices. When you join Fine & Country you have access to the services of world-class studios.
• Why reinvent the wheel when we do it for you. You will have access to our seasonal marketing campaigns; local area marketing campaigns; brochures; presentation materials; promotional videos; customised promotional email signatures; HTML e-mailers; newsletters, electronic page turners; and all of the bespoke Fine & Country stationery, etc.
• Listing and selling more homes is not only about you: In many instances sellers select agents because of established personal relationships, but in today’s fast moving property world and the importance of technology and market reach, a large part of their decision to list with you is also based on the brand that stands behind you, its credibility in the market place and its offering. Sellers choose a Brand and Customers follow a brand mostly due to “the way brands do things”.
• Fine & Country reach markets that other agents can’t: Access the lucrative London and international investor market from our prestigious Park Lane showroom at 121 Park Lane, Mayfair. Our showroom in London and other offices across major international cities are amongst the very best placed in Europe, the Middle East, USA, Africa and Russia attracting clients from all over the world.
• Open your own Fine & Country office or convert your existing brand: Fine & Country have become the most successful luxury property Real Estate brand in the UK by selling more “upper quartile” properties than any other estate agency. We are an award winning international brand with over 300 offices worldwide including Australia, Egypt, Florida, France, Ireland, Hungary, Namibia, Portugal, Russia, South Africa, Spain, UAE, UK, USA, West Africa and Zimbabwe.
• Supportive & Affordable: No interference in the way that you choose to run your business in-house. An affordable business solution to take your business to the next step.
• Low monthly fee with quality benefits: Testament to the success of our business model is the fact that we have retained 95% of our original licensees and we continue to attract new agents on a daily basis.
• Continual website development and SEO: Our global website is carefully managed and continuous investment in search engine optimisation has delivered record levels of traffic. The site is increasingly recognised as the website of choice for high-end property.
• Innovation with cutting edge technology: Through our association with Vieweet we provide our vendors with cutting edge 2D and 3D Augmented reality presentations of their property (in countries where available)
• Integrated social networking: You Tube, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, fineandcountry.tv and Pinterest.
• The brand is extended through the local and international press: With Fine & Country PR our properties and our brand regularly feature in the Wall Street Journal and The London and New York Times. This exposure benefits and reinforces the international coverage of the brand, thereby benefitting all of our member offices. This exposure in leading newspapers gives our agents unsurpassed brand credibility with sellers and buyers.
• Your own PR department: As a Fine & Country member office you will be entitled to make use of the PR team in London and in South Africa to assist you with copywriting and press releases. Our Media Centre is made up of a team of experienced press relations managers and copywriters, dedicated to liaising with newspapers, magazines, and other media outlets to gain extensive coverage for our properties in regional and national media.
• Fine & Country agents have more to offer their sellers than the local neighbourhood “franchise” agency. When you go into a listing presentation you need to prove tangible benefits and a better value proposition than your competitors. Fine & Country agents reach markets that other agents can’t and that combined with our award winning marketing collateral, accompanying technology, social media activity and in-house PR dept. gives you an overall marketing package that your competitors will struggle to compete with.
• Exclusive Homes Worldwide: Our own international publication for properties from around the globe, combined with international lifestyle articles including travel, sport and art. This magazine is printed quarterly and distributed to airline lounges, hotels, spa's and gymnasiums thereby giving your sellers excellent international exposure.
• Refined Magazine: Our own South African publication for South African and Sub-Saharan properties, combined with lifestyle articles are published quarterly and distributed through Bidvest lounges, hotels and Fine & Country local offices, giving your sellers exposure to the National South African market.
• We automate your design process in a cost effective manner: One of the biggest stumbling blocks for an independent estate agency is the continual desktop publishing and graphic design process and the cost to maintain such services, which are required for consistency and delivery of marketing collateral. When you join Fine & Country you have access to the services of a world-class design studio. Our system allows you to focus on sales whilst your sales team can rely on the support of our world class studios.
Our goal in South Africa is to select only quality agents in limited numbers to represent us. We are looking for individuals who value personal service, honesty and integrity, are highly motivated, entrepreneurial and have a strong desire to be associated with a luxury global brand. These are people who understand that their clients also value dealing with an elite group of agents that can offer them genuine benefits that others can’t.
Who can apply?
• An existing agency (independent or franchised) or a successful agent who would like to be in his or her own business and who can see the opportunity to secure an exclusive license for a global brand in their suburb.
If you would like to have a discussion with us in confidence; we would be happy to hear from you.
Ron Mander (Licensee Sales Director)
T: +27 (0)11 234 6545
M: +27 (0)82 739 0389
Linda Erasmus (Chief Executive Officer)
T: +27 (0)11 234 6545
M: +27 (0)82 322 0079
Connecting offices on over 300 locations worldwide, our referral system combines local knowledge and expertise with an international network to find the right buyer for you wherever they are, at the same time as finding you your ideal next move
We interact with customers on the main social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Google+, giving each property maximum online exposure.