Cape Town’s prestigious beachfront apartment specialists
Location has always been one of the most important factors that determine the desirability and value of a house or apartment. This still applies, to the extent that it’s almost a “law” in the minds of wise buyers. Occupation of a beachfront apartment tops the list of desirability; owning a beachfront apartment is first prize. Owning an upmarket Cape Town beachfront apartment is equivalent to double gold.
A house or a flat
Once upon a time, before the mid-1980s, financially stable South Africans mainly lived in free-standing houses or in flats in the Cape Town area and elsewhere. The odd person called a residential hotel or rented a room in a boarding house “home”, but the latter option was usually a short-term arrangement.
Houses were either owned outright or rented, while flats were only available for rent, directly from a landlord or landlady, who typically owned the entire block of flats, as apartments were known at that time in this country, because of the influence of British English on South African terminology.
What’s in a name
Nowadays, probably due to globalisation and instant access to other countries, cultures, and languages, “flats”, “apartments”, “units”, and “townhouses” are used interchangeably in South Africa, as are the blocks, complexes, tower blocks, and high-rises that accommodate the particular group of individual apartments.
As time and the country developed and progressed, urban property became more expensive. Traditional freehold properties were no longer the ideal choice for everyone. However, many people nevertheless wanted to own their apartment homes instead of being tenants who paid rent, but without proper legislation, owning an apartment might have been an illegal or risky undertaking.
Sectional title act/s
In 1986, an amended Sectional Title Act was promulgated. It was considerably more equitable than earlier attempts to regulate part (sectional) property ownership. Sectional title living and lifestyles soon took off like a rocket.
Changes in regulations were made in October 2016, mainly concerning sectional title management issues. However, your dedicated estate agent from Fine & Country South Africa will inform you of the rules and regulations of which you should be aware when you engage us to help you find your dream apartment home in the luxury property sector.
More and more South Africans have recognised the multiple advantages of apartment living and ownership – a trend that continues to grow and shows no sign of slowing down, and never more so if the apartment is situated overlooking a prestigious Cape Town beachfront. Here are a few advantages of purchasing a beachfront apartment in Cape Town:
- Easy access to the beach.
- Breathtaking ocean views.
- Easy, laid-back, convenient, and carefree lifestyle, par excellence – today’s lock up and go.
- Exclusive use areas, such as gardens, are typically more compact and easily maintained.
- Common property maintenance, repairs, and labour are undertaken by the persons or organisations appointed by the Body Corporate; it’s not the resident’s direct problem.
- Increased safety and security of the apartments, their residents, and their personal and household property – enhanced safety in numbers and proximity.
- An apartment complex is more easily secured than the equivalent number of freehold homes that are located on individually owned, larger properties, where the security measures are solely the responsibility of one owner
A few Cape Town favourite beachfronts
- All 4 Clifton beaches – some of the most sought-after and beautiful beachfronts in the world.
- Camps Bay.
- Sea Point.
- Mouille Point
- The V&A Waterfront – not really a beachfront, but overlooks the ocean, the marina, and the Cape Town harbour area.
- Virtually the entire Atlantic Seaboard.
Your fairest Cape beachfront apartment specialists
Our highly experienced, independent Cape Town property specialists at Fine & Country South Africa have in-depth knowledge of the best beachfront apartment developments along the Cape Town coastline, in areas where beachfront apartments are luxury apartments. In such a high-end market, you need top-notch assistance from experts who are qualified to assist you. You need the services of our real estate agents.