Luxury Houses Cape Town
Is it worth looking at investment property for sale in South Africa?
With sweeping mountains, beautiful beaches, the gorgeous winelands, and more, Cape Town is a heavenly destination for all, and certainly has no shortage in luxury houses for those who want to call this incredible city home. There is much to do and much to see, no matter what your taste, and with a resilient property market that offers all types of residences, it offers the type of lifestyle that appeals to a broad range of people who are pursuing the more pleasurable side of life. If this sounds like your idea of living the good life, shopping for luxury houses in Cape Town might be exactly what you should do.
There is good reason why luxury houses in Cape Town are highly sought after. Yes, it has a lot to do with the absolutely breathtaking scenery, the world-class beaches, the famous and impressive Table Mountain, and its sweeping slopes and dramatic cliffs plunging into the ocean. The Cape Winelands produce some of the best wines in the world. These are all factors that have contributed to this city being one of the most popular and awarded cities in the world, including:
- Best City in the World, the 2018 Telegraph Travel Awards (sixth consecutive award)
- Top 30 Cities to Live In, Deutsche Bank’s 2019 Mapping the World’s Prices Survey
- Best Quality of Life in South Africa, Numbeo’s Quality of Life Index
Aside from the breathtaking natural beauty of the region, there are many factors contributing to the appeal of luxury houses in Cape Town, such as:
- The city offers a great life and work balance. Go from the office to the beach in 10 minutes. Take a hike up Lion’s Head before work. Join one of the many social and active groups in the city, and frequent the many bars and restaurants.
- A high quality of life is possible at an affordable rate. Catering for locals, the city offers some great activities at very competitive prices, made even more affordable when considering the favourable exchange rate.
- Nature is always just around the corner. From Table Mountain to Boulders Beach, from the floral kingdom of the West Coast to the lush greenery of the winelands, you can have it all at your fingertips.
- The weather is superb.
Even more reason to consider the market for luxury houses in Cape Town is the economic success of the city. The city consistently outperforms the country’s average economic growth and GDP average, while also boasting the lowest unemployment rate of any major city in South Africa.
This has been a fixed trend since 1980, and is due to a healthy mix of manufacturing and service-based industries flourishing in and around the city. Further growth is expected to be delivered by modern, high-tech industries related to information technology, medical and research equipment, and telecommunications.
Another reason for the popularity of luxury houses in Cape Town is the resilient and growing property market. Historically, the city and surrounds have been a paradise for property investors, and if one includes all property types (i.e. also commercial properties), the value of properties in the CBD has increased from around R30,6 bn two years ago to about R42,9 bn at present. That is a growth of nearly 40% in just two years.
If you are in the market for luxury houses, Cape Town should be at the top of your list. Considering the favourable rand exchange, now is the time to get your slice of the pie. Contact Fine & Country South Africa to find out more about investing in luxury houses in Cape Town. As market leaders, we can assist you with great information and prospects regarding some of the top properties in this spectacular city.