Gorgeous golf estate properties are plentiful in Cape Town
Estate properties are amongst the most sought-after residential options on offer in Cape Town (and right across South Africa) nowadays. While some estates are essentially non-specific in nature, others focus on a particular lifestyle, age group, leisure activity or sport for which facilities are provided within the estate, for the exclusive use of residents and property owners.
Popular types of Cape Town estates
When you buy a property in an estate, you’re making a sizeable investment, and you’re also purchasing a lifestyle. The more opulent the dwelling and the lifestyle which it enables, the more exclusive the estate will be.
What you pay for is what you get. This includes the size of the property and the home upon it, its architecture and the quality of its finishes, residents’ amenities within the estate, and the level of luxury it offers. As anywhere else, opulence and exclusivity cost more.
• Family – great for young families and very child friendly, usually including a safe, secure communal playground or play area where kiddies can have fun with their fellow estate dwelling friends in a suitable environment.
• Retirement – the other end of the age spectrum, since retirement estates usually have a minimum age requirement with which prospective property owners must comply. A communal dining room, onsite nursing and medical facilities, a hairdresser, a clubhouse offering age appropriate activities and a frail care section are usually featured.
• Equestrian – horse lovers’ paradise. Equestrian estates house riders’ mounts in onsite stables, while providing exercise and grazing paddocks, plus designated riding trails. Grounds within estate boundaries are extensive to allow for this activity.
• Wine estates – Cape Town, without its sprawling vineyards and wine estates, would be a very different place, lacking in its well-loved character that dates back to the late 17th century. Properties on wine estates are amongst the most sought-after and therefore among the most expensive residential options in the Western Cape.
A selection of Cape Town’s fine golf estates
A comprehensive list of Cape Town’s golf estates would appear to go on almost ad infinitum; space only allows us to name a modest number of these exclusive estate property options, some of which are located in proximity to Cape Town, but not within the city limits, yet still within the Western Cape.
• Val de Vie Winelands Lifestyle Estate is situated in Paarl. Not only does it offer a great golf course, but a host of other lifestyle options too. These include an equestrian facility, a polo field and a vineyard that bears the name of the estate. Secluded within Val de Vie, there’s an even more exclusive selection of properties in the Gentleman’s Estate, where property owners have private stables, vineyard and gardens – the absolute height of exclusivity.
• Fancourt Hotel and Country Club Estate is further away from Cape Town, near George. Owning a property in Fancourt is every avid golfer’s dream, since the estate offers three complete courses – The Links, Outeniqua and Montagu – there is never a dull golfing moment to be had. Residential properties in the estate are divided into various areas, each with its own name, like a suburb.
• Arabella Country Estate is situated on the shores of a lagoon in the Overberg district, close to Kleinmond. The number of properties in this estate are limited, so too ownership.
• De Zalze Winelands Golf Estate in Stellenbosch offers a golf course with wonderful vistas. Additionally, it’s huge, since it’s a productive farm and vineyard that also cultivates citrus fruit and olives.
• Knysna is the home of Pezula Golf Estate, while Steenberg Golf Estate is in Cape Town itself.
• Atlantic Beach Golf Estate is not only a jewel among golf estates, but it’s also a wildlife sanctuary situated between Melkbosstrand and Blouberg.
Lastly, but by no means of lesser importance, Fine & Country South Africa has the ideal team of professional property specialists to help you realise your dream of living in the Cape, in an exclusive estate with an outstanding golf course at your doorstep.