Features that spell luxury in many Bryanston homes
What identifies a home in Bryanston or one of Sandton’s other affluent areas as a home of luxury and distinction? Are there things that add that special edge of luxury, resulting in a home that is transformed into one which is extraordinary in its creature comforts, finishes, and appointments?
Although important to buyers of luxury homes in Bryanston and elsewhere in South Africa where opulence is expected, there is much more to luxury at home than being surrounded by fine furniture, exclusive appointments, and a team of domestic helpers.
A host of typical luxury features
- Location, location, location, as always.
- A superb view is always a luxury, especially if no one can erect a building that will block the view in future.
- The “right address” is an important factor to many residents too.
- Attractive and impressive street appeal, irrespective of whether the luxury home is visible or partially obscured from passers-by on the road.
- Privacy, peace, and quiet – very prevalent in Bryanston.
- Artistically laid out, professionally landscaped, and well-maintained gardens with interesting and usual spaces and features, irrespective of size.
- Distinctive architecture, and unusual characteristics and features enhance the ambience of opulence.
- High-end, top-quality fittings and fixtures throughout the home.
- Open-floor plans remain popular in luxury homes and those which are more modest.
- Outdoor leisure and entertainment areas with a braai, bar, fridge, and/or customised outdoor cooking area/kitchen.
- Swimming pool and/or tennis court in the garden.
- Indoors, a squash court, gym, games room, or separate home theatre.
- Several spacious reception and entertainment rooms.
- A top-end, integrated sound system.
- A wine cellar.
- A bespoke kitchen, fitted with exclusive appliances.
- A concealed, noiseless vacuum cleaning system.
- Strategically placed designer lighting for practical, as well as accent, purposes in- and outdoors.
- Automated systems that control various technologically operated aspects of the household, from security to sound, lighting, curtain or blind opening and closure, fridge, oven, air conditioning, and heating.
- Wi-Fi internet access.
- A solar system that lessens the occupants’ negative impact on the environment, as well as the need for on-grid electricity use.
- A back-up power generation system to avoid the negative consequences of electricity outages.
- A spa like, en-suite master bathroom, equipped with luxury features, such as heated towel rails, a bathroom heating system for use during cold winter months, a spa bath (imported Italian sanitary ware is extremely luxurious), a walk-in shower with various spray options, and a wireless sound system designed to enhance the sheer luxury of this sanctuary.
- A spacious master bedroom with enough floor space for a comfy sitting, reading, and relaxation and lounging area, large enough to accommodate your favourite armchairs or loungers.
- An en-suite, but separate dressing room with ample his and her storage space that makes the selection and storage of garments, shoes, and accessories convenient.
- State-of-the-art security measures.
Fine & Country South Africa in Bryanston
As specialists in the luxury property sector, we at Fine & Country South Africa are ideally placed to find you the luxury home of your dreams in Bryanston, this lovely, leafy, luxury suburb of Sandton.
Bryanston was given its name in 1949, being named in honour of Sir Abe Bailey, the chairman of the erstwhile Township Company. Sir Abe’s London home was located in Bryanston Square in London. Consequently, many of Bryanston’s streets still have names that occurred in places, streets, and features in and around London.
Fine & Country South Africa also has a strong link with London. Our Park Lane office is situated there, in the luxury suburb of Mayfair. We’re no strangers to luxury and luxurious homes in Bryanston and other high-income areas, and we hope to become your partner in your successful quest for an equally fine property in Bryanston, Sandton.