Prime Cape Town areas with close proximity to premier golf courses
Looking for properties for sale in Cape Town can be a daunting affair, especially if you’re not 100% familiar with the Mother City’s suburbs and areas, relevant traffic patterns, and wind and weather (there’s the infamous Cape Doctor, from which some prefer to be as sheltered as possible).
The Cape South-Easter will certainly spoil your game of golf and ruin your score, if you think you can play on an inclement day when the Doctor is in control. Fortunately, he only consults Capetonians on a few odd days annually. Then, there are other more significant and important things to consider that may affect your choice of properties for sale – the availability and proximity of schools, hospitals, and entertainment and leisure facilities, not forgetting golf clubs and courses for golf aficionados, many of whom live or dream of living in Cape Town.
When the golf bug bites you
It is said that once the golf bug has bitten you, you’re a golfer for life, irrespective of your handicap. You spend hours on end on a golf course whenever possible and you’d even sleep on a golf course if you could. Luckily for you, you can get pretty close to doing just that in and around Cape Town.
Today, Cape Town has numerous world-class golf courses, clubs and best of all for you, the passionate golfer – residential and lifestyle golf estates aplenty, many of them frankly luxurious. In fact, avid golfers from everywhere in the world would love to buy property for sale in a Cape Town golf estate or live close to a premier golf course.
Fine & Country South Africa is an estate agency that has access to buyers and sellers throughout more than 300 offices worldwide. As such, we’re in an excellent position to connect bona fide property buyers and sellers nationally and internationally.
Armed with in-depth knowledge of the cities, towns, and suburbs where each agent facilitates high-end property transactions, your agent in Cape Town is committed to you from your first contact with Fine & Country South Africa to the successful conclusion of your quest for a suitable property that’s up for sale.
A few of Cape Town’s premier golfing facilities
He or she will furnish you with everything you need to know about living, working, and playing (perhaps golf and other sports) in an area which meets your requirements. We’re privileged to mention a few of Cape Town’s suburbs or areas with golf estates and/or golf courses. However, space doesn’t allow us to mention all, because there are so many in and around Cape Town that the list would be too long, The list would virtually have to become a directory.
- Arabella Country Estate and Arabella Golf Club – this is a lifestyle estate with a luxury golf hotel and premium golf course, near the whale watching town of Hermanus.
- Pearl Valley Golf Club – this signature Jack Nicklaus golf course is located about 35 minutes from Cape Town and set in the Val de Vie Estate.
- Erinvale Golf Club – this golf club boasts a breathtaking setting in the Somerset West region of Cape Town.
- De Zalze Golf Estate and Country Club – an awe inspiring lifestyle and golf estate in Stellenbosch, featuring a magnificent championship golf course.
- Steenberg Golf Estate – in Cape Town’s iconic and prestigious Constantia Valley.
- Royal Cape Golf Club – heritage, history, and tradition are combined here at South Africa’s oldest golf club, the Royal Cape, near Table Mountain.
- Clovelly Country Club – this golf club features a stunning colonial clubhouse and is situated in a suburb of the same name, which is in Fish Hoek’s Silvermine Valley, sheltered from wind and exceptionally scenic.
The call of the Cape Town golf gogga
If you feel compelled to obey when the Cape Town golf gogga (bug), calls to you, it’s time to contact Fine & Country South Africa to ensure that you find the perfect property for sale near the golf course of your choice.