6 tips to help you sell your luxury house
South Africa certainly has no shortage of stunning places to live. From the opulent coastal suburbs of Cape Town to the beautiful leafy ones of Sandton, there is a selection of properties to suit every taste and preference. So, if you are planning on selling your luxury house, how do you make sure it stands out among all the other properties for sale on the market? Not only that, but how do you make sure it sells at a price that is acceptable to you?
While there is no magical formula that can guarantee the sale of a luxury house, there are some tips you can follow to capture attention, make your property more desirable to encourage potential buyers, and help viewers to instantly fall in love with it. Heed this advice and see your luxury house become the most wanted address in South Africa:
- Find yourself a real-estate agent that is experienced in this segment of the market. Regardless of their track record, not every estate agent has what it takes to sell a luxury house. Different rules apply to the high end of the market and it requires a different set of skills. Approach an agent such as Fine & Country South Africa that has a demonstrable history of operating in this market segment. This gives you access to skilled professionals with the correct connections, knowledge of the relevant channels, and experience in dealing with transactions on this level to increase the chances of success.
- Make sure your property is priced correctly. It is easy – and more common than you might think – to succumb to the temptation to overprice your property. However, the luxury segment of the market is much smaller. If the price is too high, the chances are that your house will sit on the market for an extended period of time, creating the impression that it is undesirable for some reason.
- Make use of professionals. You want to make sure that your property is presented as attractively and welcomingly as possible. To achieve this, it is worth it to employ the services of a professional photographer who has experience in taking excellent photos of real estate. Additionally, you can consider the services of a videographer to help you create a virtual tour that allows viewers to “stroll” through your home.
- Find the USP of your property. That is, of course, its unique selling proposition. Many luxury homes share similar features and benefits that are often a given. Find what makes your house special and focus on these features. Highlight it in the photographs and marketing material, as well as during property viewings.
- Choose your marketing channels wisely. Always think of the type of buyer you are trying to attract. Those who are active in this segment of the market are not browsing the classifieds or free marketplace listings online. Choose the correct, suitable channels to reach the potential buyers for your house. Agents specialising in luxury property should already have an effective network in place.
- Forgo the traditional open house. This is often less effective when selling a luxury home, as the ratio of viewers with no intention to buy is often disproportionately high. Rather opt for an open house that is for brokers or by invite only. It is more exclusive and manageable. Alternatively, a virtual tour can be offered. The upside of this is that it makes the space viewable to overseas buyers as well.
For more tips and advice on how to sell your luxury house, get in touch with one of the expert agents at Fine & Country South Africa.