All types of upmarket property for sale in Sandton
Johannesburg is the largest city in South Africa, and one of the 50 largest urban areas in the world. Founded after the discovery of gold in the area, it has attracted many entrepreneurs and business people, and today, it is still the economic hub of South Africa and Africa as a whole. As demand for space grew, and as the Johannesburg Central Business District fell out of favour for a while in the 1990s, many large corporations moved their head offices to the Sandton area. This boom in growth, of course, led to a spike of people looking for various types of residential property for sale in the area. This increased interest has resulted in many new and modern residential developments to suit the needs of the people.
Today, the discerning buyer has a rich choice of types of luxury property for sale in Sandton. No matter what lifestyle you are after, Sandton is bound to have the perfect property for sale:
- Stand-alone units: If you are looking for a spacious property for sale, the older homes in Sandton are just what you are looking for. A number of older luxury homes can be found here, with large rooms and sizeable gardens.
- Luxury apartment complexes: With the influx of business people and a move towards modern urban living, many ultra-luxury apartment complexes have sprung up, affording you opulent living in the heart of the action.
- Cluster developments: From compact townhouses to collections of large family homes, security developments are on the rise, offering suburban living complete with controlled security – perfect for families with children.
- Private estates: These walled estates feature controlled access and their own public spaces and infrastructure – even sometimes their own schools to serve their community.
Popular suburbs of Sandton
If you are looking for property for sale in the city, consider looking for your dream home in the following residential areas:
- Hyde Park
- Craighall Park
- River Club
So, why is property for sale so sought-after in Sandton?
1. It is a hub for business
As mentioned, Sandton is a choice location for many businesses. This means that a lot of people who work here also want to live here. If you have a corporate job, this is certainly the place to be for excellent career opportunities.
2. Infrastructure is excellent
This area is well-served in terms of access. You can get to the highway in minutes, taking you to the surrounding urban areas and the rest of the province. Public transport is readily available, including the Gautrain that goes to O.R. Tambo International Airport. The area also boasts a selection of excellent hospitals and some of the best schools in the country, making it a perfect choice for families with children.
3. It is a shopper’s haven
Sandton City is one of the largest shopping centres in the country, featuring all big name brands and smaller boutique offerings. This is supplemented by a number of smaller shopping malls and standalone shops, as well as a choice of markets for those looking for a more rustic experience.
4. Entertainment is everywhere
Theatres, cinemas, live music, and some of the most delectable restaurants – they can all be found within easy reach of any area within the perimeters of this popular municipality.
If you are currently looking at property for sale in Sandton, feel free to browse the listings on our website for some of the top luxury homes that are currently available in the area. Even better, get in touch with one of the friendly Fine & Country South Africa agents. We have specialist knowledge of the South African market, as well as the areas in which we operate, ensuring that we can answer all your questions and help you find the perfect home that meets all your unique needs.