It’s inevitable that the climbing climate puts a spring in our step, right? We’re waking up earlier and starting to look for new ways to inject some life into our homes. Springtime can encourage a cleaner, brighter and fresher perspective on your living space, and it’s a great time of year to evaluate how you live and consider how you can update and freshen your home. With that in mind, here at Fine & Country we have asked our Interior Designer’s to share five top tips with you all on how you can update your home ready for Spring!
Decluttering is the one task that we all love to hate. However, we’re sure you can agree that once it is done there is no better feeling! Not only are you left with more space and storage, but you will be without unnecessary items that you just do not need, cluttering your home up.
Top 5 Decluttering Tips:
● Donate anything you don’t use or wear to charity
● Start slowly - don’t start decluttering everything at one time, break it up into chunks to help you find it more interesting
● Create a checklist
● Ask a friend or family member to help
● Use a four-box method and label them “throw away, give away, keep or re-locate” to separate your items
Longer days and warmer climates make Spring the perfect time to play with colour. If you are new to bright colours and textures, start off slow by introducing little pops of colour throughout your home to create an atmosphere that shouts Spring.
Top Tips On Introducing Colour Into Your Home:
● Start off slow by introducing colour with photo frames, cushions and rugs (this way, you can easily remove them if they are too much for you, and you won’t have spent too much money on them!)
● Take a look in your wardrobe and see what colours you are drawn to the most, and take inspiration from this
● Pair your colours with complimentary shades (for example, air force blue and navy compliment each other perfectly, or hot pink and yellow tones)
One of the best things about Springtime is the beautiful blooms that start to appear. Give a nod to the sunnier sights by incorporating little bits of nature within your home. Start by decorating with flowers, branches or fruit for an easy approach.
Top Tips On Experimenting With Nature:
● If you enjoy cooking up a storm over the weekends, why not display fresh herbs in your kitchen? Invest in some aesthetic vases and pots and have them in pride of place on your kitchen worktop to not only look good, but provide function too!
● If you don’t want to commit to looking after a living house plant, invest in artificial ones instead! You can pick up so many great artificial plans these days from Home Bargains for just a couple of pounds!
● Display your cacti in gold lanterns for a super easy luxe look in your interiors
Make the most of the bright mornings and light nights throughout Spring by enhancing the natural light as much as possible! As the evenings creep in, enhance the natural light with the warm cosy glow of candlelight, just like Diptyque’s enchanting ‘Feu de Bois’ candle - one of our favourites here at Fine & Country.
Top Tip For Working With Natural Light:
● Focus on which direction the natural light naturally feeds in, and angle your key furniture towards this
● Reflect the natural light as much as possible with the help of a chic large standing mirror
Further reading: To learn more about the importance of light within your home, check out our blog post The Importance Of Light.
Owning art that you truly love is a true luxury in life, but having a personal connection to your artwork is even better. You don’t necessarily have to spend a fortune to find artwork you love, you can pick up many modern pieces on websites such as Etsy, Amazon and Homesense now. Introducing artwork to your home just offers something a little different and gives the room a fresh new look.
Top Tips For Investing In Artwork:
● Know which wall you are shopping for (i.e dimensions, weight, etc)
● Think about investing in timeless colours (natural colours will never date)
● Consider the ambience and theme you are trying to create in a room
● Think about what you love, what makes you happy and what makes you feel content and incorporate elements of that into your home
Anita went above and beyond at all stages of our house sale. From initial marketing to completion she was always available to discuss things and supported us though the process of... Read full reviewReview Added: Dec 3rd, 2020
We purchased a property with Anita. I am not really sure where to start as she was amazing all the way through the process, from the first telephone call arranging our first viewin... Read full reviewReview Added: Dec 1st, 2020
Excellent service all through the sale of our home. Steven and team were brilliant. We would highly recommend Fine & Country, Bath. Read full reviewReview Added: Nov 28th, 2020
Alex is a pleasure to deal with. Despite some interesting input from other parties she remained calm and professional throughout and we have no hesitation in recommending her and t... Read full reviewReview Added: Nov 28th, 2020
4.86 out of 5 - based on 1402 customer reviews
Connecting offices on over 300 locations worldwide, our referral system combines local knowledge and expertise with an international network to find the right buyer for you wherever they are, at the same time as finding you your ideal next move
We interact with customers on the main social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and Pinterest, giving each property maximum online exposure.
*Please, note: for security reasons, the maps on this website do not provide the exact location of the property and they are provided solely as an indication of area.