Join 15 like-minded individuals to climb Mount Kilimanjaro for the Full Moon experience from 7th-16th October 2019.
Our private tour group will be operated by Exodus Travel Company. Together, The Fine & Country Foundation and Exodus will organise a flight inclusive package for the 10-day expedition.
Ascend to 5,895 m (19,340 ft) and see the incredible views from the world’s largest freestanding mountain. The Rongai route is much less crowded than Marangu and Machame routes and allows an extra day for acclimatisation.
Take a look at the full trip notes for the day-to-day itinerary, walking conditions and general information. Here is a short summary of each day:
07-Oct-19 Day 1 Arrive Kilimanjaro airport, transfer onto Kia Lodge for overnight stay
08-Oct-19 Day 2 Transfer on to Marangu. Group briefing that evening with your local guide.
09-Oct-19 Day 3 Begin ascent through Rongai Forest
10-Oct-19 Day 4 Climb to Kikelewa moorland
11-Oct-19 Day 5 Steady ascent beneath Mawenzi; afternoon acclimatisation
12-Oct-19 Day 6 Cross lunar desert of the Saddle to Kibo, at the bottom of summit cone
13-Oct-19 Day 7 Early start to reach Gillman’s Point in time for sunrise over the crater rim; on to Uhuru Peak, the highest point in Africa. Descend to Horombo.
14-Oct-19 Day 8 Continue descent to Mandara and Marangu.
15-Oct-19 Day 9 Free morning/ visit to YAAPHA (Youth in Action Against Poverty and HIV/AIDS); afternoon transfer to Kilimanjaro airport.
Included in the package:
• Return flights
• Professional guides and porters throughout the expedition with a ratio of one guide for every two trekkers
• Medical provisions and emergency assistance available 24/7 – please declare any pre-existing medical conditions before booking
• All land meals provided – please declare any dietary requirements before booking
• Equipment available to hire, if required (see list below)
• Two nights in a comfortable hotel, five nights full-service camping in tents – twin sleeping. However, single accommodation is available with an additional charge of £285
• 15 kilogram weight limit on trek – carried by porters; you carry your day bag of bare essentials
• Full Moon view from the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro
• Safe storage of main luggage at a comfortable hotel. – The first and last night of the expedition will be at the same hotel
• Support with fundraising and PR
Flights will be organised from London Heathrow. If you require other regional flights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44(0) 20 3368 8221.
NOT included in the package:
• Travel insurance - can be organised through Exodus if asked
• £282.90 deposit (non-refundable)
Items available to hire:
• 4-Season Duvet Jacket – Medium £55
• 4-Season Duvet Jacket – Large £55
• 4-Season Duvet Jacket – Extra Large £55
• Walking Pole £10
• Sleeping Mat £30
• 4-Season Sleeping Bag £40
• Mandatory Additional Guide Under 18s £260
• Additional Porter £135
• Personal Oxygen System Alto £295
All participants are asked to raise money for The Fine & Country Foundation. The fundraising target is £1,000. Full support and guidance will be given to all members to help you reach your targets. The money raised will support homeless and vulnerable people in the UK and overseas.
Provisional pricing of £2,829 per person on a twin-share basis. Flights for the expedition will be confirmed once the flight schedules are released in November/ December 2018.
Sign up today! Follow our simple steps below:
Email email@example.com or call +44(0) 20 3368 8221 for more information.
Please note: you must be 18+ years old by the October 2019.
Job well done! James and Mark have helped us with the sale of our property in Leamington. Simply put, they were tremendous. They were consultative and helpful every step of the wa... Read full reviewReview Added: Feb 21st, 2020
It was in September that we decided to sell our house in Leamington Spa. Having spoken to three different agents, we decided to instruct Fine & Country Estate Agents in Leaming... Read full reviewReview Added: Feb 19th, 2020
Throughout the whole process of selling our house, which had its fair share of ups and downs, Karl was excellent. Karl\'s communication, was first class and we had complete co... Read full reviewReview Added: Feb 18th, 2020
Fine and Country were the second estate agent I used to sell our house and Matthew Benson did exactly what he promised to do - and more. He offered sound advice, always answered my... Read full reviewReview Added: Feb 14th, 2020
4.87 out of 5 - based on 1309 customer reviews
Connecting offices on over 300 locations worldwide, our referral system combines local knowledge and expertise with an international network to find the right buyer for you wherever they are, at the same time as finding you your ideal next move
We interact with customers on the main social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and Pinterest, giving each property maximum online exposure.
*Please, note: for security reasons, the maps on this website do not provide the exact location of the property and they are provided solely as an indication of area.