Guide Price £1,500,000
Cumberland Street, Woodbridge
The Manor House is a stunning Grade II* Listed six bedroom attached family home that enjoys a convenient location in the heart of Woodbridge. The property is situated on Cumberland Street in a highly regarded part of the town that is within walking distance of the local schools, railway station, River Deben and the shops and facilities within the Thoroughfare.
ABOUT THE PROPERTY
The Manor House benefits from a well-stocked, part-walled southerly facing garden, off street parking and a garage abutted by a garden shed. We are advised that an architectural historian believes that the property dates from 1520 and features a wall painting above the drawing room fireplace and a jettied first floor. The house was sympathetically restored and refurbished for the current owners during and they have made it their home for the past twenty-five years.
The accommodation is laid out over two floors, three attic rooms and a cellar providing beautifully presented, flexible family accommodation comprising: entrance hall, cloakroom, a triple aspect split level drawing room, sitting room, dining room, study, kitchen/breakfast room and an Amdega conservatory overlooking the garden. The main staircase provides access to the en-suite master bedroom with walk in wardrobe/dressing room, the family bathroom, a WC and two further double bedrooms. A staircase accessed via a lobby between the sitting room and study provides access to the fourth and fifth double bedrooms. An enclosed staircase off the main landing leads to the sixth attic double bedroom, an attic landing/work room and the loft that houses the water tanks and two gas fired boilers. The cellar is equipped with a Butler sink and is used for wine storage, but has the potential to incorporate a utility room if required.
The property retains many period features including red brick inglenook fireplaces, panelled walls, sash windows and exposed timbers.
The layout may offer further potential for annexe style accommodation or multi-generational living (subject to the necessary consents).
Outside, the property is approached via a pair of gates opening to a brick paved parking area to the front of the garage and adjacent garden shed. The part-walled southerly facing garden is predominantly laid to lawn with well-stocked flower and shrub borders, established trees, shrubs and bushes, brick footpaths, willow fencing and a brick outhouse store incorporating a garden WC under a pan tiled roof.
ABOUT THE AREA
The much sought after market town of Woodbridge is located close to the Suffolk Heritage Coast on the banks of the spectacular River Deben. The town is widely known for its beautiful historic buildings and wide ranging amenities which include a library, two theatres, cinema, sports facilities (including sailing, rowing, tennis, bowls, rugby and football clubs), dentists' and doctors' surgeries and a selection of highly reputable schools.
There are stunning riverside walks from the heart of Woodbridge and the town is well placed for visiting some of the Suffolk's best loved attractions, such as Aldeburgh, Southwold, Orford and Framlingham Castles, Sutton Hoo and the world-renowned Concert Hall at Snape Maltings. For lovers of the outdoors and nature, nearby attractions include RSPB Minsmere, Shingle Street, the forests at Rendlesham and the foot ferries at Bawdsey and Butley. The county town of Ipswich is approximately 10 miles south-west of Woodbridge.
THE ACCOMODATION AT THE MANOR HOUSE
Spacious accommodation incorporating a split-level drawing room, a sitting room, a dining room, a conservatory, six bedrooms and five bathrooms.
• Entrance Hall: 13' 1" x 3' 11" reducing to 3' 9".
• WC: Irregular shape of 7' 5" (MAX) x 4' 3" (MAX).
• Drawing Room: 23' 8" (MAX) x 18' 7" (MAX) over two levels and measured in two sections:
• Lower Level – 14' 10" x 14' 5".
• Upper Level – 18' 7" x 8' 6" reducing to 5' 0" towards the rear wall.
• Sitting Room: 13' 10" x 12' 10".
• Dining Room: 14' 8" opening to 14' 10" x 13' 3".
• Study: 12' 5" x 11' 0".
• Kitchen/Breakfast Room: 16' 9" (MAX) x 14' 2" (MAX). The kitchen benefits from a walk-in shelved pantry.
• Amdega Conservatory: 19' 3" x 14' 4" reducing to 10' 0" and narrowing by the French doors to the garden.
The Rear Lobby between the Conservatory and Drawing Room leads to the:
This is a potential Utility Room if required.
The cellar measures 12' 2" x 8' 1" benefiting from light, power, water and drainage via a Sanivite 3, Belfast sink and water softener.
Inner Lobby 6' 2" x 2' 8" opening to 5' 11" within the stairwell, with Carpeted Staircase leading to the first floor landing:
• Master bedroom – 16' 4" x 13' 8".
• Walk-In Wardrobe/Dressing Room – 5' 11" x 5'1" with shelved airing cupboard at the end.
• En-Suite Shower Room – 10' 3" (MAX) x 5' 1" (MAX).
• Bedroom Two – 13' 10" x 13' 6".
• Bedroom Three – 13' 9" x 9' 11".
• First Floor WC – 6' 1" (MAX) x 2' 6" (MAX).
• Family Bathroom with shower over the bath – 10' 4" (MAX) x 5' 11" (MAX).
Inner Lobby between Sitting Room and Study has a carpeted staircase leading to the Fourth and Fifth Bedrooms and the Bathroom that serves them.
• Bedroom Four – 13' 4" x 10' 6".
• Bedroom Five – 12' 10" x 10' 8".
• Bathroom serving the Fourth and Fifth Bedrooms – "L" shaped bathroom with shower over bath. 9' 9" (MAX) x 9' 2" (MAX).
An enclosed staircase rises from the First Floor Landing to the Attic Rooms comprising:
• Bedroom Six – 13' 6" (MAX) x 10' 6" opening to 14' 2" (MAX). Measured at floor level to show a maximum measurement, with restricted headroom to the front and rear walls due to the pitch of the vaulted ceiling.
• Attic/ Hobbies Room – 12' 5" (MAX) x 11' 11" (MAX). Measured at floor level to show a maximum measurement, with restricted headroom to the front and rear walls due to the pitch of the vaulted ceiling.
• Loft housing the water tanks and two gas-fired central heating boilers.
Garage - there is a garage with an up and over door, window to the side and a workshop to the rear with pedestrian door, window to the side, power and light.
Potting Shed with gardener's WC.
There is a gated off-road parking area to the right-hand side of the property providing off-road parking for at least two cars to the front of the garage. The garage is accessed by a herringbone-pattern brick drive-way which continues across the back of the house to form a terrace. The rear terrace provides a sheltered seating area that is ideal for al-fresco dining overlooking the beautifully established part-walled garden. The garden is predominantly laid to lawn with a magnificent selection of well-stocked flower and shrub borders, mature shrubs and bushes and a variety of established trees. A brick footpath leads to a utility area at the bottom of the garden that is screened by shrubs and bushes. The rear garden is enclosed by brick walls and willow fencing and benefits from external lighting and an outside tap.
From the Fine & Country Office, walk down Church St. Turn right at the crossroads into Cumberland St. The property will be found after a short distance on the left hand side.
Nearest Rail Stations
From Woodbridge, services to Ipswich and London Liverpool Street and services to Lowerstoft.
Private Schools: The Abbey School, Woodbridge (Preparatory), Woodbridge School (Senior). Ipswich School, Brandeston Hall (Preparatory), Framlingham College (Senior).
State Schools: Woodbridge Primary School, St Marys C of E Primary School, Melton Community Primary School, Farlingaye High School.
We are advised by the vendors that mains electricity, gas, water and drainage are connected.
Suffolk Coastal District Council Band G, £2821.52 for 2018/19.
- LOCATED IN THE HEART OF WOODBRIDGE
- OFFERING ACCOMMODATION OVER 3,760 SQ
- MASTER BEDROOM WITH WALK-IN WARDROBES/DRESSING ROOM
- FOUR RECEPTION ROOMS PLUS KITCHEN AND AN AMDEGA CONSERVATORY
- GARAGING AND OFF ROAD PARKING
- SIX BEDROOMS AND THREE BATH/SHOWER ROOMS
- WONDERFUL CHARACTER FEATURES INC HISTORIC WALL PAINTING ABOVE DINING ROOM FIREPLACE
- BEAUTIFUL PART WALLED SOUTHERLY FACING GARDENS
- BEAUTIFUL REAR TERRACE FOR AL FRESCO DINING
- CONVENIENT FOR STUNNING WALKS ALONG RIVER DEBEN