Offers in excess of £625,000
Hall Lane, Brandon, Grantham, Lincolnshire, NG32
A distinctively contemporary four-bedroom family home in a tranquil village setting designed to offer impressively spacious and environmentally friendly accommodation which includes a rainwater harvesting system and underfloor heating throughout the ground floor. The large, landscaped gardens are secluded, whilst a double garage is approached via a block-paved driveway with parking for several vehicles.
Having lived in Brandon for 20 happy years, the current owners then decided to build a house in the village and moved into their new home in 2006. “We decided to call it Brandune Cottage as the village is recorded as ‘Brandune’ in the Domesday Book. We consulted with a creative designer and a local builder to develop an environmentally friendly, spacious family home to accommodate our very large family gatherings. And it has more than met our expectations. All the rooms are very generously proportioned, as are the gardens and driveway and, with the environment very much in mind, we installed underfloor heating throughout the ground floor which as well as being very comfortable has proved to be an economic means of heating.”
The gardens are a particular feature of this home being bordered on three sides of the rear garden by an attractive Grade II listed dry-stone wall. “After we moved in we planned and developed the garden. There are lawns, one large enough for our grandchildren to play cricket, flower beds, shrubs, trees, vegetable garden, and our most recent addition, a wild flower garden and wildlife pond. It’s a real joy to sit in the garden room come rain or shine and watch the goldfinches pecking at the feeders and a family of wagtails strutting proudly around the lawn.”
The house has hosted many family parties and fundraising cream teas but there is one particularly memorable occasion. “We were asked to host the BBC’s ‘One Show’ as my husband had recently had a book published. He was interviewed and then filmed playing cricket with some of the grandchildren. It was very exciting for us all.”
“We’ll all miss Brandune Cottage’s spacious rooms, the wildlife in the garden, friends in the village and at Brandon Church, and, of course the lovely country walks along the Lincoln Edge and down into the Trent Valley. This has been a very happy house for us as it will be, without doubt, for its next family.”*
* These comments are the personal views of the current owner and are included as an insight into life at the property. They have not been independently verified, should not be relied on without verification and do not necessarily reflect the views of the agent.
Brandon is a tranquil village in rural Lincolnshire to the west of the River Brant offering a true ‘Escape to the Country’ within easy reach of a range of amenities in the neighbouring village of Caythorpe, including a doctor’s surgery, village shop, post office, primary school, two public houses, antiques shop, and a hair salon. A more extensive range of shopping and leisure facilities are to be found in the historic market towns of either Newark (9 miles) or Grantham (9 miles), or in the Cathedral City of Lincoln (16 miles). The surrounding area boasts an opportunity for fine dining at the renowned Brownlow Arms, a 17th century country inn and restaurant at Hough on the Hill; the Georgian splendour of Belton House and gardens (National Trust); and golf courses at Belton Park Golf Club and Belton Woods Hotel. There are two grammar schools in Grantham, Kesteven and Grantham Girls School and The King’s Grammar School, whilst the Lincoln Minster School offers independent education (private mini-bus service from Caythorpe). For the commuter, easy access to the A1 is available at Marston (3 miles), whilst mainline train services to London and Leeds are available from Grantham (London 65 mins/Leeds 70 mins) and Newark (London 80 mins/Leeds 60 mins).
NB Approximate distances and average estimated journey times are quoted.
EPC Rating - C
- Distinctively contemporary four-bedroom family home in tranquil village setting
- Rainwater harvesting system and underfloor heating throughout ground floor
- Spacious country kitchen with granite work surfaces, ample space for dining, and adjoining utility room
- Impressive formal dining room leading to a large garden room with semi-vaulted beamed ceiling
- Characterful sitting room with brick chimney breast and inset wood burner
- Delightful guest bedroom and en-suite bathroom to ground floor
- Luxury family bathroom to first floor
- Principal bedroom with en-suite bathroom and 2 further bedrooms to first floor
- Secluded landscaped gardens with lawns, terrace and wildflower garden with pond
- Double garage and block-paved driveway with parking for several vehicles